What is Strand Woven Bamboo Flooring?
Strand Woven (Hot Pressed) Bamboo Flooring is made from 100% Mao Bamboo. Our factory has introduced advanced equipment from Germany for its manufacturing processes, which enables the export to the USA, Australia, Canada, Japan and Europe. The hot pressed strand woven bamboo flooring is by far the best method of producing this type of flooring. Compared to our competitors who mainly use the old cold process, our strand woven bamboo gives not only higher rigidity and density but also lower formaldehyde releases.
Environment friendly Strand Woven Bamboo
Alternatives to timber as a construction material have been promoted to reduce dependence on hardwoods. With its physical characteristics and ability to self generate rapidly, bamboo is one of the best means to replace hardwoods while providing similar properties and attractiveness.
Mao Bamboo also benefits the environment in which it grows, for example, its broad root structure helps to stabilize the soil and prevent erosion.
This bamboo variety can grow about 2-3 feet in the first 24 hours when sprouting from the ground in Spring. In six months a stalk's height and diameter can become matured. It can be used for bamboo flooring after growing for five to six years. The bamboo at this age has fine physical and mechanical properties which is comparable to high density hardwood timber. Also growing bamboo requires minimal labour effort. The residue of the bamboo material can be utilized to produce a variety of products such as art crafts, daily products and bamboo charcoal.
Strand Woven Bamboo Features:
• Colour: Natural, Carbonized, Caramel or Cherry.
• 10 Coats of Treffert UV Resistant matt, gloss or unfinished smooth.
• Various sizes: 1830*96*14mm, 1830*137*14mm（T&G）
• 1830*122*14mm(click lock)
• Milling: Micro bevelled edge.
• Environmentally friendly, Hypoallergenic and non pollutant.
• Tough, Strong and extremely stable.
• Installation: Glue down, nail down or as a floating floor.
Strand Woven Bamboo Advantages:
• Higher raw material availability.
• Harder and more stable(about twice as hard as traditional horizontal & vertical bamboo flooring).
• Lower formaldehyde release.
• More flexibility of size.
• Wider application in construction.
Strand Woven Bamboo Technical Data:
• Species: 100% Mao Bamboo
• Density: 1.15 - 1.30 g/m3
• Hardness: Janka test : 3800.
• Formaldehyde emission: 0.1-0.2 mg/L
• Moisture content: 6.4-8.3%
• Anti-bending intensity: 114.7 kg/cm3
• Impact: 136.8 kg/m3
• Abrasion resistance: 0.07g/100r
Strand Woven Bamboo Production Process:
• Shredding bamboo strips into filaments.
• Anti-corrosin treatment.
• Sizing treatment.
• Hot pressing bamboo filament.(Temperature 140c, pressure 4,000tons).
• Quenching, tempering and conditioning.
• Size cutting.
• Tongue & Grove or locking milling.
• Coating and finishing.
Strand Woven Bamboo Testing Data:
• Species: Mao Tsu (Hairy Bamboo)
• Milling: T&G or Click lock with micro-bevel edge; back is channeled
• Chemical Treatment: Natural borate solution to eliminate pests and mildew
• Finish: 10 layers total - Seven base coats of 100 percent solids, non off-gassing, water-based system with aluminum oxide, followed with three top coats of scratch-resistant polyurethane
• Hardness: ASTM D 1037, Janka: 3800 (avg.)
• Dimensional Stability: ASTM D 1037-99: less than 0.00144
• Flammability: ASTM E 622: Maximum 270 in flaming mode; 330 in non-flaming mode
• Smoke Density: ASTM E 622: Maximum 270 in flaming mode; 330 in non-flaming mode
• Compressive Strength: ASTM D 3501: Minimum 7,600 psi (52 MPa) parallel to grain; 2,624 psi (18 MPa) perpendicular to grain
• Tensile Strengthy: ASTM D 3500: Minimum 15,300 psi (105 MPa) parallel to grain
• Slip Resistance: ASTM D 2394: Static Friction Coefficient 0.562; Sliding Friction Coefficient 0.497
• Abrasion Resistance: ASTM D 4060, CS-17 Taber abrasive wheels: Final wear-through: Minimum 12,600 cycles
• Moisture Content: ASTM D 4442, Oven Dry Method: 7.2 percent average
• Formaldehyde Emissions: ASTM E 1333: 0.02 ppm Phenol avg.
Why Choose SOCOC Strand Woven Bamboo?
Our bamboo flooring is an environmental product and the growing season of bamboo is much shorter than the decades for hardwood forests to mature. Each year, one "mother tree" in the now-thinned-out acre makes several new stems that grow to full length in a few months and to mature hardness in about five years, so our bamboo flooring has plentiful natural resource.
Our bamboo flooring has higher hardness, so it is more durable than hardwood flooring. Then the third, our bamboo flooring can be installed very conveniently. When installed, it can be glued, nailed, or nailed with glue. Except all the above, our bamboo flooring has better grain and is more elegant and graceful than hardwood flooring.
Our bamboo flooring is finished with 10 coats of 100% solid UV cured urethane, which makes the flooring resistant to abrasion, chemical and stain, fire, indentation and oiling. Furthermore, our bamboo flooring with this kind of particular finish has another virtue of electrostatic prevention.
Our bamboo flooring is dried and plastic sealed before packing, and its interior moisture content is controlled within 6%-8%.
Why Choose SOCOC Strand Woven Bamboo?
1. Keep the floor clean, and use soft damping cloth to scrub the floor gently.
2. Avoid osculating volumes of water. Mop up the water and clean the floor in time if that happens.
3. Place a piece of doormat at the entrance to the room so as to prevent such things as dust and sand from being carried in. At the same time, the doormat must be keep clean.
4. Never gride on the surface of bamboo flooring with nails or enter the room in shoes with metal pins.
5. According to the service condition, wax or varnish the floor every several years and try to keep the varnish film glabrous.
6. Keep the windows open often for ventilation and also to adjust the indoor temperature.
7. Avoid being insolated long by strong sunlight under normal conditions.
8. Keep the room as ventilated and dry as possible
Why does Bamboo Flooring become more and more popular?
Bamboo flooring is made from natural resource, which is renewable and recyclable. Buildings, barns, ships and other structures made of bamboo often find a second life in bamboo flooring, cabinet doors, wall decor panel, vents and ceilings. And bamboo flooring is a good choice for a healthy home.
Eight virtues of bamboo floor board
(1)Hard-surface/particular abrasion resistant/No traces will be left on its surface even after several years.
(2)Burly almost no traces/keep horizontal surface/friction and scratch resistant.
(3)Cigarette tip and fire resistant/high-density/water and fire resistant.
(4)Color-lasting, fading proof/light shining and ultraviolet radiation resislat/no discoloring.
(5)Easily to tend and protect, Easy stain removing.
(6)Innocuous to health /Nature bamboo /no preservative/no irritability chemicals.
(7)Innocuous to health /Nature bamboo/no preservative/no irritability.
(8)Easy assembling and paving
Manufacturer bamboo flooring warrants that the factory applied, water-based, polyurethane Treffert finish is, at the time of sale, free from defects, and will not wear through or delaminate from the plank for a period of 50 years. The flooring must be maintained as detailed, and used for the intended purpose for which it was sold. This warranty apply only to the original purchaser from SOCOC. No warranty is transferable. This warranty does not cover scratches, reduction in finish sheen, or damage to the finish caused by improper or negligent usage, damage to the underlying floor, or damage to the surrounding area. We also warrant that the individual flooring planks, at the time of purchase, will be free of obvious defects. All planks must be inspected for defects prior to installation. No defect will be accepted after installation. We exclude all defects that occur through improper transportation, storage, installation, maintenance, or usage (such as high-heeled shoes, insufficient furniture protection, excessive weight, water damage, sand and grit build up, negligence, and abrasive or caustic cleaning substances or methods).